PROTECT SALVE is made with a number of essential oils that are very effective against bacteria and viruses. Applying the salve to the bottom of your feet at night and covering with socks, gives a time release exposure to these effective essential oils. The essential oils included are:
- Eucalyptus – has a decongestant and expectorant effect on the respiratory tract
- Lemon – antibacterial, antiviral and stimulates the immune system
- Cedarwood – effective in treating coughs and congestion
- Clove bud – this warming oil is antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal
- Cinnamon – is a hot stimulating oil that has many antimicrobial properties
- Rosemary – is also a decongestant and expectorant for the respiratory system
NIH (National Institues of Health) – PubMed studies regarding the effectiveness of these oils:
- Essential oils in combination and their antimicrobial properties.
- Eucalyptus spp. and the evaluation of antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral activities.
- Essential oils and the significance of their constituents in human health and treatment.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.