These oils were specifically chosen to help reduce occasional restless legs and promote restful sleep. Stretching and mild exercise is also recommended. It may also be beneficial for hyperactivity in children. The SLEEP formula may also provide some comfort. RLS Formula contains:
RESTLESS LEGS?, that pretty much sums it up for the 15% of Americans that deal with this unpleasant sensation in the legs and the overwhelming urge to move them. Most people are affected primarily at night or when relaxing.
The cause is not clear. However, it has been linked to a few things:
- deficiencies in iron (ferritin), magnesium and B-vitamins
- food intolerances (gluten, wheat, MSG, etc)
- stress and dehydration can aggravate RLS
- other underlying health issues (peripheral neuropathy, Parkinson’s, etc)
SIMPLE SUGGESTIONS –
- Limit alcohol and caffeine consumption and manage stress (they tend to deplete B-vitamins and magnesium)
- Get moderate exercise
- Take a warm baths before bed, ideally with Epsom salts
- Use relaxing, anti-spasmodic essential oils such as marjoram, bergamot, lavender, sweet marjoram, sweet orange, and ylang ylang
- Treating underlying conditions often gives some relief from RLS symptoms. Work with a Naturopathic Physician – helpful in finding the source
BODY/MASSAGE OIL –
Apply RLS Body and Massage oil to lower back and legs as needed for comfort. A little goes a very long way. It works nicely to apply after shower or bath while skin is still damp. The oil glides onto the skin at just the right amount. It is most effective to use when symptoms are first noticed. Repeat as needed. This formula is also very effective at promoting restful sleep.
2.0 ounce (59 ml) RLS Oil in amber plastic bottle with disc cap
RLS FORMULA INHALER
This is another convenient way to carry aromatherapy in your purse or pocket. An INHALER is a small, convenient, and easy to carry vial that can be used to inhale essential oils on the go. It is like having a mini personal diffuser in your purse or pocket. It can be used discreetly at any time to receive natural support for everyday concerns.
For more information on INHALERS
One personal inhaler in an amber glass apothecary tube with a screw top
RLS Wellness Roller is a convenient way to use aromatherapy, it easily fits into your pocket or purse. When needed you can inhale the pleasing aroma of the essential oil blend and apply roller to temples and back of neck as needed for discomfort. It is most effective to use when symptoms are first noticed. Repeat as needed.
0.3 ounce (10ml) oil blend in a glass applicator with metal roller ball
RLS Formula is available as a salve. Oil based products tend to give longer lasting effects than water based item. Inhale, apply to temples , back of neck, or lower back prior to sleep or when needed. It is most effective to use when symptoms of restless leg are first noticed. Repeat as needed.
1.0 oz SALVE in white PP jar with screw top
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.